JBL Vs Boat | Which Is Better?
Many people love music. Many brands like hammer, boat, JBL manufacture wireless earphones, speakers, soundbars, headphones, etc., to enhance our music experience. These brands offer many innovative designs and features. The two most prominent consumer electronics manufacturers related to music, like wireless earphones, speakers, soundbars, headphones, and more, are JBL and Boat.
Both brands provide different products which provide fantastic sound quality and features. Now when you compare Boat vs JBL, which one is better? Or which one will you choose, BoAt or JBL? In this article, we will answer these questions by comparing both “Boat” and “JBL.”
JBL was founded in 1946 by James Bullough Lansing in America. He was an audio engineer and a loudspeaker designer. JBL manufactures equipment like earphones, headphones, speakers, and other audio equipment. JBL is now owned by a Samsung subsidiary, Harman International Industries.
JBL offers some high-quality speakers, headphones, and earphones. They also create studio monitors and subwoofers used for professional purposes. JBL products are very innovative because they make their own parts and use them in their products. These products are not too expensive and cost a reasonable price.
Several new Bluetooth headphones have been released by JBL, which has kept up with technology demands. Due to the company’s reputation for producing portable speakers and headphones geared for exercise or sports, their headphones will likely hold up better to stress than other brands. Lightweight and comfortable, they are an excellent choice for any occasion.
The Boat was founded in the year 2013 by Sameer Mehta and Aman Gupta. It was rebranded as “Boat” in 2016. Earphones, headphones, electric shavers, and stereos are just a few of the products that are manufactured by Boat. The company delivers high-quality items at a very reasonable price.
You get fantastic sound quality, a variety of color options, fascinating aesthetics, and much more. When it comes to audio, boAt is the brand for you if you have a limited budget and need quality.
The Boat is one of the largest brands in India and produce some of the best earphones, headphones and other sound accessories in the country. Almost all of the company’s variants offer a bass-heavy music experience. While the bass is present, it doesn’t overshadow the rest of the range.
Boat Vs JBL | How Do They Compare
Both JBL and Boat produce amazing products which provide excellent sound quality, comfort, and durability. Which of these brands is better, JBL or Boat? To find this, we need to compare the three basic audio products: Earphones, Speakers, and Soundbars.
1. Boat Vs JBL Earphones/Buds/Headphones
JBL and Boat are both brands that offer great earphones with amazing sound quality and comfort. These earphones can enhance your music experience if you are a music enthusiast. Even though both brands produce excellent earbuds, not every earphone from either brand has every feature. Based on the following factors, we can decide which brand manufactures better earphones.
1. Sound Quality: When it comes to sound quality, JBL is a clear winner. JBL earphones have amazing bass, which many users prefer. Considering the price segment, Boat earphones provide great sound quality and bass.
2. Noise Cancellation: The earphones provided by both brands offer amazing noise cancellation. There is not much difference in this feature between both brands. Noise cancellation is important for gamers, you can therefore also check the best gaming headphones under 5000 on our website.
3. Price: This is an important factor to be considered. JBL earphones are good, but they are very expensive compared to Boat earphones. The Boat earphones perform well considering the price.
4. Style: Style is very important in headphones. Boat earphones are very stylish compared to JBL earphones.
5. Comfort: The more comfortable the earphones are, the longer we can use them without any pain in our ears. The JBL and Boat earphones are comfortable. But when you compare both of them, the JBL earphones are more comfortable.
6. Mic: The mic quality of the earphones should be good as we need it while calling, video calling, virtual meetings, and more. When you compare JBL and Boat mic quality, you will know that JBL provides better mic quality.
7. After-sales services: This is a significant factor when you buy any product. When it comes to after-sales services between JBL and Boat, Boat earphones provide better after-sales services.
2. Boat Vs JBL Speakers
The speaker quality of both brands is amazing. Since Bluetooth speakers are mostly used nowadays, we will compare Bluetooth speakers from both brands. The factors to consider in a good speaker are sound quality, battery life, after-sales service, and water and dust resistance.
1. Sound quality: The JBL speakers offer better overall sound quality. If you want nice bass from your speakers, then a Boat is the best option for you. Since most people choose overall sound quality, JBL is better than Boat in terms of sound quality.
2. Battery life: In Bluetooth speakers, battery life is very important. Both brands provide a battery life of between 8 hours and 12 hours, depending on the product.
3. Water and Dust resistance: A speaker with an IPX5 grade can survive low-pressure water jets and splashes coming from any direction, according to the firm. Both JBL and Boat speakers are IPX5 certified.
4. After-sales services: As mentioned above, Boat has better after-sales services than JBL.
3. Boat Vs JBL Soundbars
An audio soundbar is a type of loudspeaker with a broad enclosure. In this soundbar comparison, we’ll look at a wide range of features and variables to consider before making a decision.
1. Sound quality: Both JBL and Boat offer amazing sound quality. But the total output of the Boat soundbars is better than the JBL soundbars.
2. Surround Sound Configuration: Every product has a different configuration; hence the results vary from product to product. Therefore, we can consider that both brands provide similar surround sound configurations.
3. Price: Boat soundbars are cheaper than JBL soundbars.
4. After-sales services: As we know, Boat has better after-sales services than JBL.
You can find both of these brands listed in our article of the best Soundbars under 15000 and best soundbars under 10000 in India. In those article, you could read more about these soundbars in detail and chose a soundbar that you find best.
BoAt Airdopes 141 TWS Vs JBL Live300TWS (Latest Products)
In recent years, the use of Bluetooth earphones (earbuds) has increased. Many users are opting for Bluetooth earbuds rather than wired earphones. Boat Airdopes 141 TWS and JBL Live300TWS are the latest product of Boat and JBL, respectively. Both these products are Bluetooth earbuds. Lets us know about each of the products in detail.
1. BoAt Airdopes 141 TWS
|Model||Boat Airdopes 141 True Wireless Earbuds|
|Battery||Up to 42 Hours playback, 550 mAh power case|
|Fast Charging||Yes (type-C)|
|Active Noise Cancellation||Yes|
|Splash Proof||Yes, IPX4|
|Smart touch controls||Yes|
Truly wireless earphones are extremely useful in multiple situations whether you are working from home, travelling, listening to music or playing some game, TWS are handy and very small and easy to use.
BoAt Airdopes 141 makes it such that no matter what your primary need is, it will deliver on it. Airdrops 141 is a well-designed, good-looking wireless earbud with a massive battery life.
Talking about the fit and design, it looks aesthetically pleasing and it fits snuggly into the ears. I was able to wear it for quite a long time without feeling pain or any discomfort in the ear. It is lightweight which is an important factor in providing comfort.
The sound is good enough for the price it offers the earphone at. It has 8mm drives which are better than most earphones in this price range that offer 6mm, drivers.
As a result, the highs and mids are balanced well for crisp and clear audio. The bass (lows) is good too delivering deep rich bass. If you like listening to music a lot, this will not disappoint.
The best part of these earbuds is their battery capacity and fast charging. BoAt claims that it can provide 42 hours of playback time in total counting in the charging case. I found that realistically, it provides about 36 hours of total playback time.
The fast charging, which boAt calls ASAP charging can give you up to 60-70 mins of charge with just 5 minutes of charging. For emergencies, this is a great feature!
Talking about the call and mic quality, it has no problem picking up sounds in an indoor setting. It does a decent job outdoors but if there is too much noise, the mic may not be able to filter out that excessive noise.
Airdopes 141 also has a Beast mode which reduces the latency of the audio for gaming down to 65ms. For gaming, you will no virtually no lag with Beast mode.
Overall, it is a feature-rich earphone with versatility in usage and a very affordable price tag.
- Well-balanced sound profile
- Design is unique and aesthetically pleasing
- Lightweight and comfortable to wear
- EnX Environment Noise Cancellation
- Quick Response Touch
- Good bass
- Amazing battery life
- While the earphones look good, the construction material is not good enough
- Mic quality of the PC is not good
2. JBL Live300TWS
|Model||JBL Live 300TWS|
|Active Noise Cancellation||No|
|Smart touch controls||yes|
|Fast Charging||Yes (type-C)|
The JBL Live300TWS is a truly wireless earbud. These earbuds are small yet powerful and provide amazing sound quality and noise cancellation. These earbuds provide Ambient Aware and TalkThru features. These features help you have complete control over the environment around you.
With the Ambient Aware feature, you can instantly switch from listening to music to focusing on your surroundings. TalkThru allows you to communicate with people around you without removing your headphones. To activate these features on your earbuds, simply swipe on your earbuds.
The JBL Live300TWS provides a fantastic battery life. Without the case, you get a battery backup for 6 hours. The battery backup is up to 20 hours with the case. A 10-minute charge can provide you with 60 minutes of playback time. It also supports fast charging. Each earbud contains a 55mAh battery.
Touch controls provide easy access to the voice assistants, hands-free calling, volume, and noise control. The JBL Live300TWS comes with Bluetooth 5.0 and has a 5.6 mm driver. These earbuds fit in your ears nicely and have an IPX5 certification. This makes it suitable for sports activities or workouts.
The case has a LED indicator that indicates connection and battery status. The JBL Live300TWS has a mic only in the right earbud. So if you want to use a single earbud for calls, you can not use the left earbud. These earbuds have many features, like Auto-off, Play/Pause Automation, and Find my Buds.
- The sound quality is rich in bass response and sharp in the highs.
- EQ that can be adjusted by the user.
- Both Google Assistant and Amazon’s Alexa are supported.
- Water-resistant earbuds.
- Supports fast charging.
- Touch controls to provide a hands-free experience.
- Supports features like Ambient Aware and TalkThru.
- Only one microphone compared to BoAt Airdopes 701 ANC.
- Does not supports active noise cancellation.
Both JBL and Boat are amazing brands and provide quality products to their customers. JBL Live300TWS is good for overall performance, and Boat Airdopes 701 ANC provides value to money performance. Although both the earbuds provide similar features, there is a considerable price difference between them.
Boat services are worst, so when buying a Boat buy it at your own risk and if the product stops working after 2 days its gone forever no warranty by BoAt, whereas JBL service is best no need to worry about JBL services ever